Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flutterbys

It seems like I just can't get enough butterflies and roses lately. I have just finished all the crochet work on this doily, which I am calling "Flutterbys" which is what my daughter called butterflies when she was small. The bright colors of lavender and pink make me think of a little girl, so I thought the name was appropriate. Today I will block it and glue it together, then tomorrow I will start working on the pattern (ugh!) It will be the gift doily that will come with a set of doilies I am making called "Ripples, Ruffles and Roses" which should be out around the end of July.
Hope you all are having a wonderful summer so far!

12 comments:

Gloria Beatriz said...

Que lindos tejidos, tienes unas manos maravillosas!!!
Saluditos desde Guatemala

Ann said...

Thank you, Gloria!

eezelifeinbc said...

beautiful,Ann! Love the name!

Ann said...

Thank you, Jewel!

crochethuahua said...

I love how the center looks like a chrysanthemum. This is very pretty as usual!

Ann said...

Thank you, Pamela! It is kind of whimsical, a different kind of doily, but I think it is cute.

Sharon Marie said...

Just had to drop you a quick note and let you know at how pretty your blog is with coordinating picture at the top and the background! Beautiful!

Ann said...

Thank you, Sharon Marie! I wanted to give the blog a summer-time makeover, and nothing says summer to me like pink roses!

glor said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the color.

Ann said...

Thank you, Glor!

Dena said...

Adorable! Love the butterflies!
How's baby Lillie doing?
Hugs,

Ann said...

LIllie is doing very well, thank you, Dena. I am looking forward to seeing her this weekend!